Being able to save money on monthly expenses is like a story only heard about in the books. But it can be accomplished through spending the money very carefully and recognizing that even though some of the regular bills might seem minor and insignificant on their own, their cumulative effect can be huge.
In order to minimize the loss caused on a monthly basis, everyone obviously does should look for ways to cut expenses that are both easy to implement and effective. Read on to discover the few ways you can save money by just trying them one at a time, without too much hassle, but offer the potential to save giant sums of cash over time.
1. Write down your expenses: Make a list of all your monthly expenses on the first day of the month and divide the cash in your bank accordingly.
2. Use public transport: Cars, being the money pits that they are, devour fuel by the gallon besides requiring all types of expensive maintenance. Given that you have access to public transportation (buses, trains etc.), you can be sure you will be saving quite a bit of money on parking tickets, gas, and maintenance over time.
3. Carpool: Moreover, rideshare services like
4. Cut down on Electricity Bills: The average house spends around $2,200 a year on these. Luckily, technology has brought us a few effective ways to improve energy efficiency and lower that number. Install LED light bulbs and be energy efficient!
5. Money spent on Entertainment: Unnecessary club memberships, cable bills etc. can add to your monthly expenses greatly. Eliminating or reducing other regularly paid services can be your best bet.
6. Money spent on food: Try to eat out less frequently. Cooking meals at home can be a lot healthier for your family AND your bank account.
7. Cell phone bills: Many cell phone companies love to give offers in a nice price; take advantage of the deals and packages available.
8. Telephone: Consider VOIP like LocalPhone or cable phone services. However, in case you choose to stay with your traditional telephone company, make sure you are getting the cheapest long distance service and are not paying for services you do not need/use.
9. Internet: Do your research. There are many options for Internet services including cable, satellite and a variety of wireless Internet options. Choose the best one so that this can also compliment your attempt to reducing the telephone bill.
10. Refinancing your Home: Refinancing your home is what may have the greatest effect in cutting your monthly budget expenses, it sometimes saves you hundreds of dollars per month! However, study before you opt to this.
11. Credit Card Interest Expense: You can do this simply by asking for a lower interest rate.
12. Companies will accommodate in order to keep your business. In case they do not, you have the option to balance transfer to another card that provides a better rate.
13. Shopping trips: Try to reduce the number of trips you take to the mall or the grocery store because you are more likely to buy unwanted stuff if you visit the store many times.
14. Shop wisely: Buy things that are on promotion and in bulk.
Extra Tip: Trips to the salon/spa: Reduce your grooming expenses, learn to do things yourself at home.
15. Survey the stores near you: Compare the prices of products in different shops in your area, you might be surprised.
16. Insurance: Look around for car insurance. Make sure you are getting the lowest price.
17. Coupons: While purchasing online, check deals and coupons website like Coupofy.
18. Unnecessary things: Money spent on stocks of unnecessary snacks should be taken care of.
19. Dry clean: If you are a regular at your dry cleaners, cut costs by buying a home dry cleaning kit and a spot remover pen.
20. Negotiate for lower prices: Always try to negotiate where you see the slightest possibility of negotiation.
21. Get rid of consumable habits: Alcohol, smoking etc. These habits can be very, very expensive.
22. Make it a habit of paying by cash more often: This way, you can also monitor and control your expenses!
23. Travel: Avoid unnecessary travelling frequently.
24. Waste less water/gas: Significant reduction in your water/gas wastage can do wonders on your water/gas bills.
25. Others: Avoid giving expensive gifts, buying expensive toys for your children, buying luxury items etc. and you shall see a significant difference in your budget.